- Visit with the State Board to schools in Winston-Salem/ Forsyth County.
- Public School Forum and the Education Policy class (EPFP) is in full swing having had a fall retreat, classes this fall, and a Christmas gathering. I am learning SO much from the incredible opportunities afforded by the Public School Forum.
- Ocracoke Trip with Appalachian State University's Appalachian Community of Education Scholars (ACES).
- State Superintendent's Teacher Advisory Council Meetings.
- North Carolina State Board of Education meetings each month.
- First meeting of the Educator Quality Workgroups (the TOY and POY teams merged).
- Various speaking engagements with Teacher Cadets and Beginning Teachers from ECU to Wilmington.
- 2016-2017 Regional Teachers of the Year announcements.
- Convening of State Teachers of the Year in San Antonio, TX (which will receive a blog post of its own very soon).
It really doesn't look like much, but this list has afforded 13,000 miles on the State vehicle. In the coming blogs, I will focus on a specific aspect of what I am learning during this incredible once-in-a-lifetime journey! Thank you for your constant support and prayers during my year as NC Teacher of the Year. I am honored to represent the greatest educators in the nation!