Monday, February 1, 2016

Long, lost Blogger returns!

Yes, it has been a while since I have blogged.  It has been a whirlwind the past few months, and honestly, it has been hard for me to keep up with myself! In an effort to "catch everyone up," let me give a quick highlight of what has happened since September of 2015:

  • Visit with the State Board to schools in Winston-Salem/ Forsyth County.
  • Public School Forum and the Education Policy class (EPFP) is in full swing having had a fall retreat, classes this fall, and a Christmas gathering. I am learning SO much from the incredible opportunities afforded by the Public School Forum.
  • Ocracoke Trip with Appalachian State University's Appalachian Community of Education Scholars (ACES).
  • State Superintendent's Teacher Advisory Council Meetings.
  • North Carolina State Board of Education meetings each month.
  • First meeting of the Educator Quality Workgroups (the TOY and POY teams merged).
  • Various speaking engagements with Teacher Cadets and Beginning Teachers from ECU to Wilmington.
  • 2016-2017 Regional Teachers of the Year announcements.
  • Convening of State Teachers of the Year in San Antonio, TX (which will receive a blog post of its own very soon).
It really doesn't look like much, but this list has afforded 13,000 miles on the State vehicle. In the coming blogs, I will focus on a specific aspect of what I am learning during this incredible once-in-a-lifetime journey!  Thank you for your constant support and prayers during my year as NC Teacher of the Year.  I am honored to represent the greatest educators in the nation!

No comments:

Post a Comment